Star Wars: Episode VII. December 18. If you haven’t marked it on your calendar, do it now. And get your tickets soon! Meanwhile, if you’re a bit rusty with your Star Wars trivia, no problem. Studio 300 has that covered. Here are five little know facts about the Star Wars Saga:
- ‘Star Wars‘ was not the original title of the film. In early drafts, the script was entitled Adventures of Luke Starkiller, as taken from the Journal of the Whills, Saga I: The Star Wars. Later it was changed to The Star Wars, and then, eventually, just Star Wars.
- Attack of the Clones earned $302 million in domestic box office receipts, it was beaten by both Spider-Man and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.
- Every clone trooper in Revenge of the Sith is computer-generated. Not a single clone costume or helmet was created for the film.
- Lucas originally wanted Orson Welles for Vader’s voice but ultimately decided that Welles’ voice was too recognizable. Darth Vader was, of course, voiced by James Earl Jones.
- Harrison Ford was no one’s first choice for the role of Han Solo.
More to come. And may the Force be with you until the most anticipated movie of all time opens.
Star Wars Day Celebration
Be sure to join us at the Fountaindale Public Library for the Star Wars Day Celebration on Saturday, December 5, from 10:00-4:00. Fun for the whole family. Here’s a video promo:[youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcyxPkhUL84%5D