As we get closer to the the much anticipated release of Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens, here are some more fun facts about the Star Wars Empire:
- The actor who played Obi-Wan Kenobi, Alec Guiness, thought of the Star Wars films as “fairy-tale rubbish”.
- Despite this, Alec Guiness negotiated a deal to earn 2% of the gross box office receipts for the movies he appeared in, earning him over $95 million.
- Harrison Ford was paid $10,000 for his performance in Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope.
- Peter Cushing, who played Grand Moff Tarkin, found his costume boots so uncomfortable that he wore slippers during many of his scenes, and insisted his feet just never be in the shots.
- The sound of the TIE Fighter engines is actually the sound of an elephant call mixed with the sounds of a car driving on wet pavement.
More to come.
Star Wars Day Celebration
Be sure to join us at the Fountaindale Public Library for the Star Wars Day Celebration on Saturday, December 5, from 10:00-4:00. Fun for the whole family. Here’s a video promo:[youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcyxPkhUL84%5D