Read on for more trivia fellow Star Warriorians:
- The bounty hunter droid IG-88 was actually built from recycled film props. His head is the drink dispenser from the cantina scene in Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope.
- Three of the aliens seen on Jabba’s barge in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi are named Klaatu, Barada, and Nikto. Their names appear in Army Of Darkness as the words one must say to destroy the book of the dead. The names themselves actually originated as the words to speak to shut down the robot in The Day the Earth Stood Still.
- While filming Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi, the codename for the project was Blue Harvest, which was supposed to be a horror film with the tagline “horror beyond imagination.” Family Guy called their first installment of their Star Wars parody trilogy by that name, too.
- Blue Harvest is a reference to the 1929 novel Red Harvest, which was the inspiration for the film Yojimbo, which itself was inspiration for the Star Wars films. (Whew. Got that?)
- Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace was labelled as “The Doll House” when it shipped to theaters.
Until next time, Google Jar Jar Binks Sith. We have not seen the last of him.