More fun facts to impress your friends and family:
- During the evacuation of the Cloud City, you can see an extra running with what appears to be an ice cream maker. The extra has since been given an elaborate backstory, and the supposed ice cream maker is meant to be a database of contacts within the Rebellion.
- The word “ewok” is never said out loud in the Star Wars movies.
- Luke’s lightsaber in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi was originally going to be blue to match the lightsaber he lost in the previous film, but George Lucas was worried that it would confuse audiences, and thought a green lightsaber would look better, so he made the change.
- At one point, Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi was going to be called “Revenge of the Jedi” and there were actually trailers and posters produced with the original title.
- In fact, the producers of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan changed the name of their film from “Revenge of Khan” to avoid confusion between the two films.