Are you a writer? Fountaindale Public Library has several upcoming classes, workshops, and events just for you. Download the PDF newsletter for details. Here is what’s in store for the Fall 2016:
National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing. On November 1, participants begin working towards the goal of writing a 50,000-word novel by November 30. Valuing enthusiasm, determination, and a deadline, NaNoWriMo is for anyone who has ever thought about writing a novel.
Get an overview of the NaNoWriMo process, meet other writers, start planning for the big fall event, and then write, write, WRITE!
- Get Ready: Thursday, September 22 , 7:00 p.m.
- Pre-Launch: Thursday, October 27, 6:00 p.m.
- Come Write-in: Sunday, November 6, 2:00 p.m.
- Mid-month Check-in: Tuesday, November 15, 7:00 p.m.
- Come Write-in: Saturday, November 19, 2:00 p.m.
- Wrap-up: Tuesday, December 6, 7:00 p.m.
Indie Author Day
An in-person and digital gathering with writers, agents, and other industry leaders featuring presentations for our Fountaindale writing community about all the tools available to use at the library. Don’t miss out on this opportunity for authors to connect.
- Saturday, October 8, 12:30-2:30 p.m.
Moving from Concept to Completed Manuscript
Mystery writer and former writing instructor Patricia Skalka discusses the three key elements of the novel and shows how to weave them together into a step-by-step road map of the story that takes you from start to finish.
- Wednesday, October 12, 6:30 p.m.
Great Beginnings: How to Hook Readers and Keep Them Turning the Pages
Join author Carmela Martino to learn the “implicit promise” concept and four key elements to both improve your writing and please your readers.Don’t miss it!
- Thursday, October 27, 7:00-8:30 p.m.