In anticipation of the new movie opening on December 16, here’s some trivia::
- This is the first installment in the Star Wars: Anthology series.
- This film is set before the events of Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977) and five years after Star Wars Rebels (2014).
- Rogue One is the first theatrical, live action Star Wars film to not be scored by John Williams.
- Jimmy Smits to return as Bail Organa. Had previously appeared on Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002) and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005).
- Darth Vader is featured in this movie, after the events of Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005).