More trivia for Star Wars fans:
- The Rebel base at Yavin IV features several full sized card board cut-outs of X-Wings and Y-Wing fighters, using the same technique of filling out the hangar as in the original Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977).
- Costume designer David Crossman stated that some of the original costumes used in Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977), Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi (1983) were used in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016).
- This is the second collaboration between director Gareth Edwards and composer Alexandre Desplat. Their first was in the 2014 incarnation of Godzilla (2014).
- This was the fourth live action film to include AT-ST walkers, with the first being Episode V during the assault on Hoth, the second in Episode VI on Endor, and the third in Episode VII being an immobilized unit on Jakku.
- This will be the second Star Wars film to focus on the first Death Star, with Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977) having focused on it as well.
Rogue One opens on 12/16!