Attention movie lovers!
Join us for our Third Annual Oscars® After Hours party at Fountaindale Public Library on Sunday, February 26, 2017.
Get ready for all the glamour, glitz and more of this year’s Academy Awards® telecast. There will be snacks, contests, prizes, surprises, and fun for all while we watch the show on the big screen in Meeting Room A.
You could even win one of these coveted statuettes. Watch the video to see one being made. Be sure to register and reserve your spot. See you in February.
Rogue One opens in just a few days (12/16!). Here are three trailers to to hold our Star Wars fans until then.
Here’s more trivia about Rogue One (opens 12/16):
- The Rebel base at Yavin IV features several full sized card board cut-outs of X-Wings and Y-Wing fighters, using the same technique of filling out the hangar as in the original Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977).
- Cinematographer Greig Fraiser is using Ultra Panavision 70 anamorphic lenses on the Star Wars movie Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
- This is the first Star Wars film ever made without involving C-3PO.
- The original Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977) features one shot of the main heroes standing outside the Yavin IV temple. Although the temple itself was a matte painting, the actors in the foreground, including various Rebels and their transports, were filmed at Cardington Sheds in Bedfordshire, England. The Rogue One crew returned to the same location to film not only exteriors, but this time also recreated the interior of the Rebel base there.
- Alan Tudyk is playing a droid character named K-2SO, through motion capture technology. Tudyk also previously played the robot character Sonny in I, Robot (2004).
- The idea for this film came from ILM visual effects supervisor John Knoll. He received a story credit and served as an executive producer of the film.
- Is Jar Jar Binks in Rogue one? Maybe.
More trivia for Star Wars fans:
Rogue One opens on 12/16!
In anticipation of the new movie opening on December 16, here’s some trivia::
Save the date! It’s Star Wars time again. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will open on December 16th, just in time for the holiday movie season. The movie is set some time after Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and shortly before Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope and centers on a group of Rebel spies tasked with stealing the plans for the Galactic Empire’s new weapon, the Death Star.
Will Darth Vader return in Rogue One? Yes! He’s back. Will James Earl Jones be the voice of Darth Vader once again? Yes!. He will. Will Rogue One be the #1 blockbuster of the holiday season? Stay tuned.
In the coming weeks we will feature more facts and trivia about Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Need something laminated? Studio 300 can help you. We just added the Scotch TL901C to our inventory.
This device can laminate up to an 8.5″ x 11″ sheet in less than two minutes. The cost is $1.00 per sheet. If you need to laminate something smaller, we can help you trim it to size with our cutter. Stop by Studio 300 when you need lamination services.
Xiaomi Yi 4K Action Camera
The Yi Action Camera is very impressive. It boasts 4K UHD and 2.5K Video at 30 fps, 1080p up to 120 fps / 720p up to 240 fps, and 12MP Photos with 30 fps Burst Mode. Other features include an ultra wide angle lens (with in-camera lens distortion correction), electronic image stabilization, dual-band Wi-Fi & Bluetooth connectivity and video / photo time-lapse modes. The video and stills captured by the Yi are spectacular!
One of the best features of the Yi is the 2.19″ LCD touchscreen on the back of the camera. Unlike other action cameras, you can view, review, and change settings via the touchscreen.
Yi Action Camera Touchscreen
This item will soon be available in Studio 300.
GoPro Hero4 Black Edition
If you’re looking for a small action camera that can capture video at 4K/UHD (3,840 pixels wide by 2,160 pixels high), it doesn’t get much better than the GoPro Hero4 Black. The captured video is nothing less than stunning.
The Hero4 is capable of 4K30, 2.7K60 and 1080p120 video, 720p240 video for super slow-motion, and 12MP photos at up to 30 frames per second. Other features include ProTune recording, time lapse photo, integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. It’s also waterproof to 130 feet (with case).
Stop by Studio 300 and check out the Hero4 for up to three days. You will be amazed at what this camera can do.
Listen in as Joe and Adriana discuss movies that were overlooked by the Oscars this year. Leave a comment below if you have a favorite movie that you think should have been nominated for an Academy Award.
Join us for this year’s Oscars live at the Fountaindale Public Library. Register today by clicking the picture below:
Watch the Oscars on the big screen at Fountaindale Public Library.