It’s the season for BBQs, fireworks and garage sales–especially items from the free pile. Case in point: this cracked mirror with a lot of potential.
Using Adobe software to create a design and then cutting adhesive vinyl using the Studio 300 Maker Lab Zing vinyl cutter, this garage sale find became a unique object for the home.
What are you going to create next in Studio 300’s Maker Lab?
Recently, Studio 300 left the lower level and ended up outside in Winston Woods Park in Bolingbrook. Here we teamed up with our Outreach department and together we led a fun photo scavenger hunt for families. The clues stumped a few of our participants but in the end everyone completed the hunt and earned themselves a prize.
Catch us again alongside the bookmobile at Winston Woods Park in July.
Listen to fresh new music created by our very own Fountaindale Public Library patrons in Bolingbrook: Project Music. This special collection features only local content creators who share their music and more.
Our aim is to capture, curate, and share the knowledge and artistic creations that YOU produce and make them available to FPLD patrons through our local collection. Visit this link for details. To submit your own work to Bolingbrook: Project Music, visit this link.
Browse new creative content made by our very own Fountaindale Public Library patrons in the Community Content Collection. This special compilation features local content creators who share their podcasts, videos, artwork, and more. Also, several local authors share their ebooks.
Our aim is to capture, curate, and share the knowledge and artistic creations that YOU produce and make them available to FPLD patrons in our Fountaindale Public Library Community Content Collection. To submit your own work, visit this link.
A person’s hands can do amazing things. Computers can do amazing things. But often there is a disconnect between the two. The Cintiq drawing tablet bridges that gap.
Combined with software such as Photoshop opens up endless possibilities. Pressure sensitivity, screen mirroring – it’s an amazing feeling to work with a pen.
This Staff Pick brought to you by Steve. Stop by Studio 300 and try this device for yourself.
Proper lighting can be an afterthought when you’re busy taking a photo or making a video. In Studio 300 both our A and B/C spaces have terrific preset lighting. But what do you do if you need lighting in the field? Choose from one of our two LED light kits (one 3-light or one 4-light kit). Both provide bright, dimmable light so you can get the right look.
This Staff Pick brought to you by Steve. Stop by Studio 300 and see these lights in action.
Available for checkout now at Studio 300 is the Optoma HD142X Home Theater Projector. This full HD projector is great for movies and games. All you need is a Blu-ray/DVD player or computer/game console with HDMI outputs and a screen (or a wall) to project on. Here are its specs:
- Brightness of 3000 Lumens
- Full HD (1920 x 1080) Native Resolution
- 1.1x Zoom and 1.48 to 1.62:1 Throw Ratio
- Two HDMI 1.4a In, One with MHL Support
- Projection Distance 3.3 to 32.8′ (1 to 10 m)
- Image Size 27.9 to 305.3″ (70.8 to 775.5 cm)
The projector can be checked out from Studio 300 for up to three days.
40 is the production powerhouse behind some of Drake’s most classic records. Native Instruments sat down with the Grammy-winning producer in his Toronto studio to discuss the various ways he uses Maschine Studio along with Komplete to craft some of these hits.
Studio 300 now has the Maschine Studio hardware/software for use in the lab. Here is an upcoming program. Check it out.
We’ve been busy behind the scenes at Studio 300 working to improve your experience in every way possible. And now we are happy to report that we finished updating all of the iMac computers in the lab with new, improved, and upgraded software. Here’s a brief overview:
- We installed the (huge!) 2017 update to our entire Adobe Creative Cloud collection including Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and more.
- There are fresh updates to our most popular Mac programs, too, including Keynote, Pages, GarageBand, and, of course, Logic X!
- NIK Collection for Photoshop – a powerful filter tool set for improving your photos.
- Apple Xcode – coding interface for developing iOS apps.
- Serato DJ Intro – software for your inner DJ that works with our hardware Numark Mixtrack Pro II.
- iZotope Ozone 7 – audio software to professionally master your music projects.
- iZotope VocalSynth – amazingly versatile voice processing audio effects plug-in.
- Native Instruments MASCHINE – create your own music, beats, and so much more and we have the hardware, too.
- Flixel Cinemagraph Pro – combine photos and videos into stunning images.
- Scrivener – THE most-used writing software for authors of all types.
Stop by Studio 300 and experience these new software updates.
(Note: this upgrade applies only to our iMacs at this time (November 15, 2017). The MacBook Pro laptops are still in the upgrade process. Stay tuned.)