Indie Author Day 2017
Saturday, October 14 from 1:00 to 5:30 p.m.
Meeting Room A
Fountaindale Public Library, Bolingbrook, IL
Enjoy presentations, workshops, author readings and valuable information to help you with your writing!
- Connect with local authors, fiction and nonfiction.
- Discover our many tools available for writers at this library.
- Get insight from successful traditionally published authors.
- Learn the ins and outs of the self- and indie-published world from those taking that route.
- Find out about SELF-E and how you can share your work with our community and the entire state.
- Enter the Soon to be Famous Illinois Author Project.
- Get tips for writing during NaNoWriMo.
- And so much more.
We have a full slate of authors speaking during the day including:
Amanda Adams – Corporate Executive turned author with The Sangrita Club.
Justin Dauer – He brings his creative energy and insight to his nonfiction book Cultivating a Creative Culture.
Valante Grant – Her debut novel, Under Your Hat, was written during 2016’s NaNoWriMo.
TJC & AH Hrubes – This creative couple writes and designs Ten, Tall, Totally Twisted, Terrible Tales to Tell and Cat With a Blue Checkered Kite.
Lolah Lace – Prolific and best-selling author of romantic fiction, her latest title coming soon is Cove Garden.
Sue Mydliak – Special Ed. Paraprofessional by day and writer at night she penned the best-selling Rosewood trilogy.
Tracy Townsend – Her debut novel, The Nine (Thieves of Fate, #1) from Pyr arrives this November.
Join us for this exciting chance to network with traditionally and independently published authors and get involved with our local writing community. We sincerely hope you’ll participate in Indie Author Day as it jointly celebrates you, writing as an art form, and libraries as centers for community engagement. See you there!
What is Indie Author Day?
The second annual Indie Author Day will take place on Saturday, October 14, 2017. On this day, indie authors and members of the writing community will gather at their local libraries to participate in community-based activities like author panels, book readings and signings, writing workshops, presentations from local industry specialists and more.