Save the date! It’s Star Wars time again. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will open on December 16th, just in time for the holiday movie season. The movie is set some time after Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and shortly before Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope and centers on a group of Rebel spies tasked with stealing the plans for the Galactic Empire’s new weapon, the Death Star.
Will Darth Vader return in Rogue One? Yes! He’s back. Will James Earl Jones be the voice of Darth Vader once again? Yes!. He will. Will Rogue One be the #1 blockbuster of the holiday season? Stay tuned.
In the coming weeks we will feature more facts and trivia about Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
Will Yoda make a cameo in Star Wars 7? In a few days we will know for sure. Meanwhile, enjoy this Star Wars trivia:
- While filming the lightsaber fight scenes, Ewan McGregor kept getting carried away and making the sounds of the weapon himself, which had to be removed in post-production.
- Tupac Shakur auditioned for the role of Mace Windu.
- An early draft of the Star Wars saga began with “This is the story of Mace Windu, a revered Jedi-bendu of Opuchi who was related to Usby C.J. Thape, a padawan learner of the famed Jedi.” It wasn’t until Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace that Mace Windu and Padawans first made an appearance.
- The waterfalls cascading around the capital city of Naboo was actually salt.
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones was labelled as “Cue Ball” when it shipped to theaters.
- The cow-like creature seen grazing in the fields behind Anakin and Padmé in Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones can be seen again as an asteroid later in the film.
Be sure to join us for our Star Wars Celebration. Check out this sneak peek video: