Light painting photography is a fun activity for kids of all ages. Recently Studio 300 hosted a light painting portrait class for adults where our patrons learned the basic photography skills required for successful images. Then we kicked it in to high gear and added a flash to create some fun and interesting portraits. Go to our Flickr page for the results of the class.
The Maker Lab inside Studio 300 is a veritable idea factory. Just look how one of our patrons used the vinyl cutter and outdoor stick-on vinyl to add a patriotic personal touch to his automobile.
What will you make next?
The Maker lab inside Studio 300 Maker Lab announces new Heat Press Vinyl colors just in time for the holidays. Use Electric Red, Electric Green, Metallic Gold, and Crystal Holographic for making custom t-shirts and other apparel. There is a slightly higher costs for this vinyl at $3 a foot. For more information on using the vinyl cutting machine, contact Studio 300.
It’s the season for BBQs, fireworks and garage sales–especially items from the free pile. Case in point: this cracked mirror with a lot of potential.
Using Adobe software to create a design and then cutting adhesive vinyl using the Studio 300 Maker Lab Zing vinyl cutter, this garage sale find became a unique object for the home.
What are you going to create next in Studio 300’s Maker Lab?
Browse new creative content made by our very own Fountaindale Public Library patrons in the Community Content Collection. This special compilation features local content creators who share their podcasts, videos, artwork, and more. Also, several local authors share their ebooks.
Our aim is to capture, curate, and share the knowledge and artistic creations that YOU produce and make them available to FPLD patrons in our Fountaindale Public Library Community Content Collection. To submit your own work, visit this link.
A person’s hands can do amazing things. Computers can do amazing things. But often there is a disconnect between the two. The Cintiq drawing tablet bridges that gap.
Combined with software such as Photoshop opens up endless possibilities. Pressure sensitivity, screen mirroring – it’s an amazing feeling to work with a pen.
This Staff Pick brought to you by Steve. Stop by Studio 300 and try this device for yourself.
The Maker Lab at Studio 300 has the Power Press Heat Press available for your heat transfer vinyl project. The 15-by-15-inch industrial-quality digital heat press includes Teflon on the heat platen. This heat press is compact and is an upward-opening model. Ideal for applying transfers, letters, numbers, and images on t-shirts, garments, bags, mouse mats, jigsaw puzzles, ID badges, ceramic tiles, and other items. Here are the details:
- LCD Control Board: Fully digital temperature and time control.
- Special Thickened Aluminum Heating Plate for even and stable temperature over the entire heating plate.
- Teflon Coated Heating Plate. No need for coated sheets. Harmless to the cloth, convenient to clean, and provide attractive appearance.
- Signal Indicator beeps when transfer it over.
- Plate pressure is easily adjusted to accommodate different materials.
- Integrated electric control system for accurate heat adjustments.
Stop by and check it out. Studio 300 staff will be on hand to answer questions and help you with your project during open shop hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4-8 p.m. and Wednesdays 10 a.m. to Noon.
Here are examples from a recent Studio 300 program where patrons applied designs to their own t-shirts.
The Maker Lab at Studio 300 has the Brother SE-400 Combination Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine available for your project needs. Here are its specs:
- Sew, quilt, embroider. If you can imagine it, you can create it! Enjoy comprehensive sewing functions, plus 4-inch-by-4-inch embroidery capabilities.
- Easy-to-view back-lit touch screen LCD display accesses 67 unique sewing stitches and 70 built- in embroidery designs, with 5 lettering fonts.
- Computer connectivity for importing thousands of embroidery designs purchased from iBroidery.com and other sites, and for updating your machine in the future.
- One-touch automatic thread cutter cuts your top and bobbin thread with ease.
Stop by and check it out. Studio 300 staff will be on hand to answer questions and help you with your project during open shop hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4-8 p.m. and Saturdays, 2-4 p.m.