The new Maker Lab at Studio 300 is open and ready for your DIY project! Equipment in the space includes the following technology:
- Brother SE-400 Combination Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- KNK Zing Computerized Cutter
- Carvey CNC Router
- Hic Top CR-10 3D Printer
- PowerPress Industrial-Quality Digital Sublimation T-Shirt Heat Press
Stop by and check it out. Studio 300 staff will be on hand to answer questions and help you with your project during open shop hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4-8 p.m. and Saturdays, 2-4 p.m.
Explore our DIY maker scene! See demonstrations of exciting new technologies, meet other makers, learn about career opportunities in the maker field and much more!
Saturday, March 11, 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Meeting Room A
Click here for more information.
Studio 300 has added new equipment for our patrons to explore the makerspace world and a club to build projects together.
Adult Makers Club
This club is for our adult patrons to get together and geek out with Arduinos, Raspberry Pis, coding, and other electronics. Our first project (June 28) will be setting up a “Simon” emulation game. You can also experiment with other kits and projects. Join us for the club and let’s discover together. The Adult Makers Club meets June 28th, July 26th, and August 31. Sign-up here.
The SparkFun Inventors Kit
- A basic Arduino kit that comes with a variety of sensors, LEDs, and motors. There’s even an instruction guide with 16 different projects to get you started with basic wiring and coding.
The SainSmart Ultimate Arduino Starter Kit
- Includes a larger variety of sensors and input devices along with 20 different projects to try out. The coding can be more challenging than the SparkFun projects.
Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pi 3
- These tiny computers run Linux and plug right into a monitor and use a keyboard and mouse. Includes some basic software so you can get started experimenting on this platform.