Coco-theme pictures from the 2018 Ice Cream Social are now available to download and share from our Flickr site.
Family pets and their owners braved a warm July Sunday afternoon to have their portraits taken. See the results on our Flickr page here.
This was part of Fountaindale Public Library’s Family Pet Photo Day.
Our Summer Camps continue and once again our young patrons gathered in Studio 300. This time they experimented with basic beat making in a half-day bootcamp. Listen to their fine work.
The Tweens collaborated on this project using GarageBand software.
Our teen patrons worked together using the Native Instruments Maschine hardware/software instrument.
Studio 300 kicked off this year’s Summer Camps for our Tween and Teen patrons with a Songwriting Workshop. The young patrons gathered for a creative collaboration in Studio 300. Together they selected a background music track, composed their melody, wrote their own lyrics, rehearsed the song, and then performed the track in one of our soundproof audio booths. Enjoy the results of their hard work:
Listen to fresh new music created by our very own Fountaindale Public Library patrons in Bolingbrook: Project Music. This special collection features only local content creators who share their music and more.
Our aim is to capture, curate, and share the knowledge and artistic creations that YOU produce and make them available to FPLD patrons through our local collection. Visit this link for details. To submit your own work to Bolingbrook: Project Music, visit this link.
Browse new creative content made by our very own Fountaindale Public Library patrons in the Community Content Collection. This special compilation features local content creators who share their podcasts, videos, artwork, and more. Also, several local authors share their ebooks.
Our aim is to capture, curate, and share the knowledge and artistic creations that YOU produce and make them available to FPLD patrons in our Fountaindale Public Library Community Content Collection. To submit your own work, visit this link.
A person’s hands can do amazing things. Computers can do amazing things. But often there is a disconnect between the two. The Cintiq drawing tablet bridges that gap.
Combined with software such as Photoshop opens up endless possibilities. Pressure sensitivity, screen mirroring – it’s an amazing feeling to work with a pen.
This Staff Pick brought to you by Steve. Stop by Studio 300 and try this device for yourself.
The Maker Lab at Studio 300 has the Power Press Heat Press available for your heat transfer vinyl project. The 15-by-15-inch industrial-quality digital heat press includes Teflon on the heat platen. This heat press is compact and is an upward-opening model. Ideal for applying transfers, letters, numbers, and images on t-shirts, garments, bags, mouse mats, jigsaw puzzles, ID badges, ceramic tiles, and other items. Here are the details:
- LCD Control Board: Fully digital temperature and time control.
- Special Thickened Aluminum Heating Plate for even and stable temperature over the entire heating plate.
- Teflon Coated Heating Plate. No need for coated sheets. Harmless to the cloth, convenient to clean, and provide attractive appearance.
- Signal Indicator beeps when transfer it over.
- Plate pressure is easily adjusted to accommodate different materials.
- Integrated electric control system for accurate heat adjustments.
Stop by and check it out. Studio 300 staff will be on hand to answer questions and help you with your project during open shop hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4-8 p.m. and Wednesdays 10 a.m. to Noon.
Here are examples from a recent Studio 300 program where patrons applied designs to their own t-shirts.
The Maker Lab at Studio 300 has the Brother SE-400 Combination Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine available for your project needs. Here are its specs:
- Sew, quilt, embroider. If you can imagine it, you can create it! Enjoy comprehensive sewing functions, plus 4-inch-by-4-inch embroidery capabilities.
- Easy-to-view back-lit touch screen LCD display accesses 67 unique sewing stitches and 70 built- in embroidery designs, with 5 lettering fonts.
- Computer connectivity for importing thousands of embroidery designs purchased from iBroidery.com and other sites, and for updating your machine in the future.
- One-touch automatic thread cutter cuts your top and bobbin thread with ease.
Stop by and check it out. Studio 300 staff will be on hand to answer questions and help you with your project during open shop hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4-8 p.m. and Saturdays, 2-4 p.m.