Power Press Heat Press
The Maker Lab at Studio 300 has the Power Press Heat Press available for your heat transfer vinyl project. The 15-by-15-inch industrial-quality digital heat press includes Teflon on the heat platen. This heat press is compact and is an upward-opening model. Ideal for applying transfers, letters, numbers, and images on t-shirts, garments, bags, mouse mats, jigsaw puzzles, ID badges, ceramic tiles, and other items. Here are the details:
- LCD Control Board: Fully digital temperature and time control.
- Special Thickened Aluminum Heating Plate for even and stable temperature over the entire heating plate.
- Teflon Coated Heating Plate. No need for coated sheets. Harmless to the cloth, convenient to clean, and provide attractive appearance.
- Signal Indicator beeps when transfer it over.
- Plate pressure is easily adjusted to accommodate different materials.
- Integrated electric control system for accurate heat adjustments.
Stop by and check it out. Studio 300 staff will be on hand to answer questions and help you with your project during open shop hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4-8 p.m. and Wednesdays 10 a.m. to Noon.
Here are examples from a recent Studio 300 program where patrons applied designs to their own t-shirts.
Prepping the vinyl transfer
KNK Zing Air Computerized Cutter
The Maker Lab at Studio 300 has the KNK Zing Air Computerized Cutter available for your vinyl cutting project needs. The KNK Zing Air allows you to create and cut your own custom designs. Here’s its specs:
- Cutting width up to 12″ wide.
- Print and Cut With built-in Laser alignment, the KNK Zing Air performs quick and precise cuts.
- Now with 3 wheels, allowing users to cut 12″ x unlimited length.
- Peel and stick vinyl is $1.00 / linear foot
- Heat transfer vinyl is $2.50 / linear foot.
- A heat press is available.
Stop by and check it out. Studio 300 staff will be on hand to answer questions and help you with your project during open shop hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4-8 p.m. and Saturdays, 2-4 p.m.
Got a box of old vinyl records collecting dust in the closet? Turntable long gone? No problem. Bring your albums to Studio 300 and we will show you how to transfer them to CD (and/or MP3). Studio 300 has two great turntables that can handle 33’s, 45’s and even 78’s. It’s easy to do and the results will amaze you!
Also, as part of our Digital Archiving Series, you can learn to transfer your old recordings to new formats by attending our LP/Cassette to CD/MP3 program. Two dates available: Tuesday, June 25, 7p and Thursday, July 25, 2p. You can sign up using the Library’s website no sooner than 21 days before the date.
But if you want to get started right away, contact Studio 300 for one-on-one training and start listening to your treasured music again.
Also, make sure you read this post about how easy it is to clean up the noise from those old recordings using tools at Studio 300.