Finding the right domain name to identify your website can be beneficial in so many ways. Here are some quick tips to follow:
- Keep it simple: Short, easy to remember and spell, and fewer than 20 characters. Longer domain names are fine – they can be up to 67 characters! – if they are not hard to spell.
- Avoid numbers and special characters.
- Match your domain name to your website name. If that domain name has already been taken, look for something similar. Or if the name of your company is obscure and doesn’t say what it is your selling or what your website is really about then maybe try to incorporate that into the domain name.
- The .com is usually more valuable, but depending on your needs, you may be able to use .net or .org
- Check out domain name generators such as Lean Domain Search, or Domain Typer where you can see what domain names are still available. You don’t have to buy domains from these websites, but they are a great place to start generating ideas for domain names and then later purchase it from your registrar of choice.
Come to Studio 300 for more web-related resource suggestions and advice.